Today was a good day. I'm sort of "talked out" and pretty exhausted, so I'll write a "real" entry tomorrow (er, later today, when I wake up) with real paragraphs and everything. I promise. For the next few minutes, though, I'll rely on a list format.
Things that are making me happy at the moment:
- new movies from Netflix (The Bourne Identity, Network, and part of season four of Six Feet Under)
- lovely, sweet emails from old roommates
- watching Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa) make rugelach today
- wanting to make this (recipe here - it's the third one on the page)
- watching random YouTube clips of incredibly dorky things I'm not even going to mention in writing for the world to see... call it a guilty pleasure
- watching the episode of The Colbert Report when he had a friend of my parents' on the show... and knowing that this friend was just as completely ecstatic to be on the show as they probably were to have him as a guest... and laughing myself silly at the segment he was on
- realizing that I'm writing nothing but run-on sentences and fragments and not caring at the moment
- knowing that it's actually my job to work on things like sentence structure, so commenting on that above isn't entirely dorky
- seeing a light at the end of the tunnel - I can't wait to get back to work, even if it won't be for a while
- feeling lucky that I love my place of work and am excited to get back to it
- feeling unbelievably flattered that you guys are actually reading this
- realizing that I have a long list of things that are making me happy
And with that, I'm off to bed. Sleep sweet.