Monday, December 04, 2006

Fake Crushes

Yes, you read that title correctly. I am, indeed, talking about fake crushes. I have two at present: Matt Albie and Josh Lyman. Yes, I realize that these are not real people. No, I don't have crushes on Matthew Perry or Bradley Whitford, the actors who portray these men (men, people, not "characters") on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and The West Wing, respectively. And yes, I do know that The West Wing ended quite a while ago. I understand this fully. But Aaron Sorkin seems to know exactly what I like in a guy. Keep 'em coming, Aaron. Glad to have you with me during this difficult time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much more reasonable to have a crush on a character rather than some random actor - if it's a well-written character we definitely feel like we know them better than we could possibly know the actor. (Unless you know the actor in real life, of course Damn reality - always intruding!)

Anyway, Josh Lyman is my fake crush too. Excellent choice. Aaron Sorkin does know just how to write them, doesn't he? Studio60 still freaks me out a bit b/c I keep thinking Bradley Whitford's character should be a little more intense, be dating Donna and well, not have blonde hair. At least he's still got the dimples! It's a credit to Whitford's acting abilities that I can ignore the "Why isn't Josh at the White House?" thoughts when I'm watching Studio60.

Good luck with the new site!

December 05, 2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Jammahs said...

I have a BIG fake crush on Justin, the youngest brother on the new Sunday night show Brothers & Sisters. He's super cute and a sensitive bad-ass...the perfect combination.

December 05, 2006 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Hit Counters
www.discounterdeals.com