Monday, December 04, 2006

Movie Reviews 1-5

Thanks, M, for reminding me that I can write about movies! I didn't even think of that. As most of you guys know I'm a pretty big movie buff... but I don't know how I would be at reviewing. (You'll realize that I'm not incredibly picky. I'm pretty easily entertained.) So maybe I'll just give you guys some random thoughts about what I watch. I recently started doing Netflix, too, so that'll speed these along. Here are some of the ones I've watched so far:

Ruthless People - Better Midler and Danny DeVito. This movie was so 80's and completely hysterically funny. I laughed out loud throughout this entire movie... highly recommend it.

I Heart Huckabees - I'd heard mixed things about this movie, but I loved it. Thought it was very clever. It's a very 'different' kind of movie and I can see how some people didn't like it, but I thought it was fun to watch.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Another really clever movie. I watched this one late at night when the rest of the house was asleep, and it turned out to be the perfect time to watch it. It was really interesting and, I thought, well done.

Good Night and Good Luck - Okay, full disclosure here. I love George Clooney and I could basically watch him sit with a paper bag over his head and be happy, so I acknowledge that I was pretty biased in wanting to like this movie. Maybe it was my painkillers, but this movie just couldn't keep my attention for more than about two minutes at a time... which meant that I just couldn't watch the whole thing. Maybe I'll watch it again when I'm not on narcotics. Have to give George a second chance.

Thank You For Smoking - Now this was fun. Really smart and funny. I did expect to like this movie, but was happily surprised at just how great it was.

As long as I'm listing movies, I do have to list some of my all-time favorites. If you're ever wondering what to put in your Netflix queue, here are my very top recommendations: Casablanca, The Philadelphia Story, Midnight Run, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Finding Neverland, Annie Hall, and King of Hearts. Excellent. Every single one of them.

3 Comments:

Blogger J,D or some combination said...

hey lady,

looks like you've found an interesting way to pass the time. i think blogging is a bit of ridiculous fun, myself. Anyway hope your feeling alright today and that you've got that adjustable bed in "just" the right position!!! LOVE

December 04, 2006 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi bean,
I'm doing really good.Thanks for asking. my doctor was able to do micro surgery this time- as opposed to a 5 day hospital stay last time :(, so I was pretty much up and about 3/4 days later.

Hope it goes just as good for you.

December 04, 2006 6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry for 2 posts but I just noticed a link on the side thanx. I'll add you to mine too.

December 04, 2006 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Hit Counters
www.discounterdeals.com