Saturday, December 09, 2006

Movie Reviews 6-7

In the last couple of days I've only watched a couple of movies:

Back to the Future - Okay, now this review isn't entirely fair since I've seen this movie about a hundred times. But that's one of the reasons I love it: somehow it gets better every time I watch it. And it has one of the All-Time Best Last Lines Of A Movie: "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." How can you not love that?

Mystic Pizza - I thought this movie was totally cute and fun, but in all honesty it really just made me hungry. I'm not a huge pizza person in general, but I was craving it like you wouldn't believe by the time this movie was over. Adam Storke played the Andrew McCarthy part, and he did it pretty well. But if you look at his IMDb profile you'll notice that it was years before he did anything else that was at all memorable. In fact, one could certainly argue that this was his most memorable part. I'm betting that when this movie came out Andrew was pissed that Adam had stolen his part, and found him and beat him up (with his buddies in the parking lot, 80's-style... you know, first he had to remove his white blazer, and his buddies watched as they leaned against their cars). And really, who wants to mess with Blane? He was best friends with this guy, and I certainly wouldn't want to be on his bad side.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've never seen Mystic Pizza - don't even know what it's about. But I do like pizza. In Dallas, we've had to settle for crap pizza. We ate at Pizza Hut the other night for the first and last time. Stuffed crust always sounded like a good idea to me, but it's a classic case of a great idea poorly executed.

December 09, 2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger bean said...

I agree that the stuffed crust idea always sounded good... glad to know it doesn't live up to the hype, though. Thanks for saving me having to find that out for myself.

Mystic Pizza is your typical 80's romantic comedy, except that it's cuter than some of the others. Lili Taylor, Julia Roberts, and Annabeth Gish work at the local pizza parlor and you can pretty much guess the rest. Lili Taylor doesn't know whether she wants to marry her boyfriend, Julia Roberts falls for the rich guy from the next town, and Annabeth Gish develops a thing for the father of a kid she babysits. It's cute, though. Totally entertaining for a couple of hours, but that's about it. I was starving by the time it was over.

December 10, 2006 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Hit Counters
www.discounterdeals.com