Thursday, December 07, 2006

Patriotism

I feel like a bad American.

I read the newspaper every day. I care about politics (after three-plus years, this bit of DC has finally rubbed off on me). I have what I like to think are well-formed opinions on a range of political and social issues. Even with this can't-walk, can't-hold-my-body-up-like-a-normal-person crap, I fought with my parents for days - and won - so they took me to stand in line and vote at my old elementary school, where I'm still registered. They thought I was out of my mind. I thought it was important.

So why is it that every single time I see George W. Bush come on television, my automatic response is to change the channel? Is it wrong that I just can't stomach watching that man speak?

2 Comments:

Blogger Marce said...

I definitely understand the feeling. I can´t stand the man. And, against the normal assumption in the US, disliking your president doesn´t make you un-American or unpatriotic. In my opinion, it just makes you smart lol

December 07, 2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger bean said...

Thanks, Marce. I firmly believe that it's actually our responsibility to question our leaders... but it bothers me that I can't even watch the guy speak, and then disagree with him. I do wish I could at least sit and listen to what he has to say once in a while, but I get so angry when I try to listen to him!

December 09, 2006 1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Hit Counters
www.discounterdeals.com